Recent Courses Taught
- Introduction to Cinema History
- The Language of Cinema
- Reel Research: Screenwriting and Scholarship
- Express Yourself: Working in the Creative Industries
- Reality Bytes: Introduction to Digital Humanities
- Hollywood Shuffle: Exploring Power and Privilege in Cinema History
- Video Production I & II
- The Documentary
- Experimental Film
- Editing I & II: Avid Media Composer
- Introduction to Gender and Women’s Studies
Other Papers and Presentations
- Gregory, Ruth. “Women on Film: Using The Bechdel Test to Explore Male Privilege Across Disciplines.” University of Washington Teaching and Learning Symposium. April 2013. Bothell, Washington.
- Gregory, Ruth. “Adolescent Masculinity in Reaganite Teen Films.” Pop Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference. March 2013. Washington, DC.
- Lerum, Kari, Ruth Gregory, Jayne Swift and Stephanie Wahabs. “ Hollywood Stripper Stories: Visions of Exotic Dancers from 1938-2010.” University of Washington Innovation Forum. February 2013. Bothell, Washington.
- Gregory, Ruth. “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.” Shoreline Community College SBA Advocacy Workshops. November 2011. Shoreline, Washington.
- Gregory, Ruth. “Orienting the Future through an Engagement with the Past: Cinema History Textbooks at the Celluloid Crossroads.” Masters of Arts in Cultural Studies Conference. May 2011. Bothell, Washington.
- Gregory, Ruth. “The Historiography of Cinema History.” Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association Conference. April 2011. San Antonio, Texas.